Merritt Brings Additional Expertise in Building Enterprise-Class, Scalable and Reliable Systems to Five9
San Ramon, Calif. – September 17, 2012 – Eric Merritt has joined Five9, Inc., the leader in cloud-based contact-center software, as Lead Architect. Merritt is an expert in designing, developing and deploying large-scale, mission-critical software systems.
“We are excited to have Eric join the Five9 team. His unparalleled expertise in creating highly scalable and reliable systems is ideal for our enterprise clients who rely on Five9’s cloud-based software to run their mission-critical contact centers.”
Mike Burkland, president and CEO, Five9
Merritt Recognized as Erlang Pioneer
Merritt is a leading authority on Erlang, the highly scalable programming language used for maximum performance, scalability and uptime in mission-critical cloud applications.
- Merritt is the co-author of “Erlang and OTP in Action,” the highly acclaimed hands-on guide for designing complex software systems.
- Merritt co-founded the Erlware community; an umbrella organization dedicated to bringing high quality, well tested, usable libraries and tools to the Erlang community.
- Merritt began his career developing applications in C and Java on IBM mainframes and eventually moved to developing for the cloud; working for companies such as Amazon.com and PEAK6 Investments, LP.
“I’m thrilled to be working with an industry leader like Five9. The company has built a powerful solution for the call center, delivered via the cloud. I’m confident I can help Five9 continue to ensure all of our clients have the enterprise-class scalability and consistency they need to power their call centers.”
Eric Merritt, chief architect, Five9 (Find Eric on Twitter @ericbmerritt)
Five9 Brings Flexibility of the Cloud to Call Centers
Five9 cloud-based call center solutions offer all the benefits of software delivered as a service, including:
- Provisioning a call center (complete with new phone numbers if necessary) in 48 hours.
- Keeping a call center running 24/7 at the highest level of reliability.
- No capital costs, no expensive infrastructure, and no leased phone lines.
- Flexibility to make quick changes in agent staffing for peak times, seasonal campaigns, remote agents, outsourcing, and off-shoring.
Five9 is the largest pure cloud-based contact center software provider with more than 1,500 customers and processing more than 3 billion calls per year. The Five9 Virtual Contact Center and Predictive Dialer are revolutionizing the contact center industry, bringing the power of the cloud to customer service, marketing and sales organizations around the globe. The company gives enterprises of all sizes access to sophisticated and innovative contact center solutions quickly, at a cost of ownership far lower than traditional premise-based solutions. For more information on Five9, please visit www.five9.com or call 1-800-553-8159.
Padilla Speer Beardsley