4 Things You Need To Know About Integrating CRM and Contact Center Software
As a growing business, you are faced with many important questions that will ultimately affect future decisions and the direction of your growth.
Whether or not to use a CRM will be one of them.
But why is this decision so important? And what exactly should you be looking for?
What is CRM?
Customer Relationship Management, or “CRM”, allows you to manage your relationships with customers and prospects.
Think of a filing cabinet.
Inside are folders containing the vital information about your entire relationship with a customer or prospect, including all of the messages back and forth, who you’ve contacted, who’s contacted you, etc.
Each file gives insight into your relationship with them.
A CRM system puts that information at your fingertips.
Integrating your CRM
Your CRM should work in tandem with your contact center solution.
A seamless integration between your CRM and contact center software will help you avoid any nightmares that will stem from not updating contact information or tracking relationships across platforms. It will also allow your agents to access all information from one interface, so they don't have to navigate multiple screens and can focus on your customer instead.
Most Contact Center software providers support integrations with CRM flagships like Salesforce, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics and Zendesk.
In addition, homegrown CRMs should also integrate easily into contact center software because it’s accessible from the cloud.
This lets you create a powerful system by maximizing future investments, while leveraging the capabilities of your contact center software.
Benefits of Integrating your CRM
Integrating your contact center software with a CRM is a great way to drive sales.
Since your sales team will have access to sales history and past interactions all on one screen, they can effectively up-sell or make recommendations based on past purchases.
It also drives efficiency by allowing you to:
- Match inbound and outbound customer information with data, including contacts, cases, and incidents
- Seamlessly log calls and email interactions
- Set up automated dialing campaigns
- Prioritize and route calls/voicemails to the right agents
- Use click-to-dial functionality
- Prioritize high-value callers or those with open incidents
What CRM Does Your Business Need?
There are multiple CRM software options on the market today, so it’s important to find the one that matches your specific needs.
Here are a few things to keep an eye out for.
- Organization- Your CRM should ensure that all customer data will be stored accurately and securely.
- Efficient Team Collaboration- All necessary teams should have access to the data. This allows everyone to be on the same page, from the marketing team down the line to your contact center agents.
- Automation- With so much reporting power at your fingertips, you’ll be able to share this information across all channels. A good CRM will enable you to do so automatically, without occupying precious resources.
Whichever CRM you choose, it’s important that it seamlessly integrate with your contact center software.
That’s why Five9 easily integrates with nearly all CRMs from leading providers down to homegrown CRM systems, and provides lite CRM functionality for those business who are not quite ready to invest in a full CRM system.
Contact a Five9 expert if you have any questions about which solution would be right for you: 1-800-553-8159