Executive Brief - Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) And The Tools You Need To Comply
The TCPA has become progressively more stringent in recent years, creating legal and operational challenges for many contact centers. At the heart of these challenges are regulations around outbound phone calls to mobile devices through an Automated Telephone Dialing System (ATDS). Class-action lawsuits relating to ATDS issues have increased by 69 percent in 2014, according to CompliancePoint, a consulting firm with a comprehensive TCPA compliance practice.
- 90 percent of Americans own mobile phones (2014)
- ATDS-related lawsuits increased by 69% in 2014
Five9 TCPA Manual Touch Mode Facts:
- Does not meet statutory definition of an ATDS
- Does not meet FCC expanded interpretation of an ATDS
- Does not have the ability to perform as an ATDS