You've probably heard a lot about the benefits of cloud computing. But how does it apply to your contact center? There are a variety of reasons why more companies today than ever before are deciding to toss out their complex, expensive, on-premise contact center systems and move to the cloud. Here are ten of the most popular:
1. No Hardware Required: Cloud contact center solutions deliver all the functionality you've come to expect from premise-based systems, without the hassle or the hardware. The system is accessed by a standard Web browser, which eliminates the need to purchase expensive hardware and software. You can focus on your contact center - not your infrastructure - and add functionality for inbound calls, including IVR with speech recognition, ACD, and CTI screen pop, as well as outbound dialing or blended call processing, with options for multichannel, CRM integrations and management applications.
2. Fast Deployment: Whether you're a small business or a large enterprise, configuring, customizing, and deploying cloud contact centers is fast and easy, allowing you to get your contact center operational in as little as forty-eight hours. Plus, simple administrative tools empower you to change your system on the fly. Just make sure your vendor of choice offers 24/7 service, support, and training.
3. Agents Anywhere: Using the cloud, your agents can be located anywhere in the world. All they need is a headset, a computer, and an Internet connection. Do you want to combine multiple physical contact center sites into one virtual agent pool? No problem. Want to add agents around the country? You can establish a work-at-home agent program, expand into new geographies, or open up a much larger pool of qualified agents. It's easy when you move your contact center to the cloud.
4. Automatic Upgrades: One of the big advantages to the cloud is that there are no upgrade and maintenance hassles. New software versions with new features and functions are handled by the cloud software vendor on a regular basis. All you need to do is login as normal and you'll have access to the new features. Because cloud contact centers upgrade automatically, software innovations that add more capability and value simply appear in the solution. Advanced features can be added without additional hardware or lengthy upgrade implementations.
5. Easy Integrations: In the past few years, vendors have removed the silos between their applications, making it easier than ever to integrate applications to work together seamlessly. Improve agent productivity by taking advantage of out of-the-box integrations to popular CRM solutions.
Read Part 2 of "Ten Reasons to Move Your Contact Center to the Cloud" here. Subscribe to the Five9 blog in the top right hand column to keep up with the latests posts from Five9.