Top 5 Reasons I Recommend Five9 as a Place to Work
Nine months ago when I first heard about Five9 I didn’t know much about it. As I started to research the company, one thing stood out – Five9 employees love working here. From reading Glassdoor reviews to when I came onsite for interviews, I could tell there was something special about this place. One example is on Glassdoor - 91% of those surveyed would recommend Five9 to a friend as a place to work and that incudes reviews from former employees. Very impressive to say the least.
Fast forward to now. I got the job and have been here for eight months now. I have really enjoyed working for the company and here are five reasons I recommend Five9 as a place to work:
- Great Culture: Culture is one of the top three things I consider when interviewing for a new job. When I came onsite for my interviews I watched everyone I interacted with and was impressed by the positive culture. Glassdoor even recognized Five9 for our culture in a blog post titled “15 Awesome Companies Hiring Now.”
- Strong Leadership: Our executive team consists of smart, savvy leaders with a depth of industry knowledge. Our CEO, Mike Burkland, was recently recognized by EY as Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Award Winner in Northern California. Read the press release
- Strong Financials: It’s been exhilarating to work at a company that is doing so well financially! Five9 has had dozens of quarters of sequential growth and our stock is up 93% in the last 12 months alone. Barry Zwarenstein, CFO, was recently interviewed for a CFO Thought Leader podcast where he explained the SaaS model and how it impacts finance. Listen to the podcast
- Product Leadership: For two years Gartner has recognized Five9 as a leader in the Contact Center as a Service Magic Quadrant. And not only that but also positioned on highest in ability to execute. It makes me proud to work at a company that has such a great product! Download the report
- Teamwork: When Mike Burkland won the EY 2017 Entrepreneur Of The Year Norcal award he said “I believe that business is the ultimate team sport, and as captain of the Five9 team, I’m only as good as the team I put on the field every day.” The team is collaborative, friendly and works hard to accomplish our strategic imperatives. Five9 is a lot different than other places I’ve worked at and that is very refreshing!