More Choice, More Flexibility and More Freedom with Five9 Network
I had the opportunity to speak with Matt Parker, Enterprise Sales Director and Mike Giffin, Solutions Architect at Five9, about a little topic called, ‘Network Connectivity’ – and what it means for the contact center. As a marketer, this isn’t a topic I hear a lot about so when I came up I naturally became interested.
When Matt and Mike started telling me about it, I knew I had to spend time researching the space to understand its importance in creating more human customer service experiences. According to Mike, it all depends on how your agents are looking to connect. “The contact center is evolving from a premise-based service to a cloud-based service. So, when it comes to network connectivity the real conversation is about the connectivity between the agent and the cloud.”
What is network connectivity?
According to techopedia, Network Connectivity, “describes the extensive process of connecting various parts of a network to one another, for example, through the use of routers, switches and gateways, and how that process works.”
Uhhhh??? Right? I was thinking the same thing. So, what does this really mean, and why is it important for customer service?
Generally speaking, network connectivity for contact centers refers to how your contact center connects to your end customers. And it’s importance it monumental. It involves everything from voice quality and connection speed to security and compliance.
So, when network connectivity comes up in conversations we like to dig deep into the topic such as how:
- Properly configured network connectivity for your contact center means predictable service that you and your customers can rely on.
- Five9 delivers an industry-validated, reliable, cloud contact center solution with ultimate freedom for connectivity.
So, what are the Five9 solutions for network connectivity?
Five9 customers have many options when it comes to network connectivity, which I have outlined below. Please note that I am a marketer. If you have specific questions around network connectivity and why it is so important for customer service, I encourage you to reach out and talk to a Five9 sales specialist.
That said… Five9 offers five key network connectivity options:
- Open Internet: Connect to Five9 using your existing internet connection. This is great for customers that do not have additional compliance requirements (think HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, etc.). This solution is also ideal for growing businesses, work-from-home agents, or enterprise brands with high speed internet. If you are interested in testing your internet connection speed, Five9 offers a quick and easy assessment tool.
- VPN: Virtual Private Network (VPN) requires authentication to use Five9, and leverages modern encryption techniques to deliver private and secure voice communication over the open internet.
- sRTP: Secure real-time transport protocol (sRTP) provides strong encryption for your agents’ VoIP communications. This is an ideal solution for customers within highly regulated industry and locations (again, think HIPAA, GDPR, etc.).
- Five9 Direct Connect: Think bring your own network. This is a great option for organizations that have unique network requirements, and/or significant network investments that make sense to maintain.
- Five9 Agent Connect: Five9 managed/delivered MPLS. Since this is a service managed and delivered via Five9, it also comes with a Five9 network SLA. With Five9 Agent Connect, customers have the ability to extend a network connectivity SLA to the contact center, enabling customers to focus on their business vs. monitoring the network
So why does this matter? What is the impact on the end customer?
When customers connect with Five9 via Agent Connect, Five9 is managing and delivering your MPLS. This ensures:
- Your customers data is more secure
- If a service interruption occurs with Five9 Agent Connect, customers have a variety of failover options, including: Open Internet, sRTP and VPN to connect through as a backup. This means your contact center is up and running when your customers call.
- Choice: Having five contact center connectivity options to connect with your customers gives your business the ability to ensure security and reliable availability of your contact center.
As Matt would say, “Five9 provides the ultimate choice with flexibility and freedom in respect to contact center connectivity for Five9 customers. Five9 will scale with your business and enable you to connect to your customers on your terms.”
I hope this blog was helpful. And as always – reach out to our sales team if you need any assistance. They are here to help.